Me Time

Wednesday 28 October 2015

October has been a really busy month for me, both at work and socially. My weekdays have been monopolised by work, exercise and sleep, whereas my weekends have been packed with countless birthdays, catching up with friends and volunteering. Although it's great to be busy with lots on the go, one thing I really feel I've lacked lately is 'me time.'

'Me time' is something that I really value; it's a chance for me to do the things I enjoy, reflect on my thoughts and relax in the pleasure of my own company. As much as I try to avoid planning my free time down to a T, I often find that I book my weekends up in advance so I can regularly catch up with friends and family, and as a result 'me time' fast becomes an afterthought. 

Last weekend I decided to take a 4-day weekend and I feel it did me a world of good; I did some home-cooking, I went out for a friends birthday, and best of all I went to a spa with my mum and got rid of all of those nasty knots in my back.



Sometimes I think we take our time for granted - it's easy to get caught up in our hectic lives and many of us (myself included) forget to put some time aside to do the things we love. Going forward, I'm hoping to make some more time for myself and I definitely urge the rest of you to do the same too... who needs an excuse to be self-indulgent!?

- Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS