Cooking Hit List

Wednesday 11 November 2015


It's been a little while since I last did some baking so this week I thought I would dedicate my post to my 'cooking hit list', which is basically all of the recipes I've been eyeing up over the last couple weeks that I can't wait to recreate for myself!

I'm always looking for healthy dinner ideas and I'm definitely one of those people who feels the need to finish a meal with something sweet, so my list below is geared towards ticking both of these boxes!

Dinner Hit List:

Livia's Kitchen: Avocado and Mushroom Risotto

Risotto is such a winner for me but I'd probably say that I'd classify it as more of an indulgent dinner choice due to the white rice and creamy sauces involved; however Livia's recipe really solves this dilemma. This recipe gets its creamy goodness from avocados and it can be created as either a side or a main dish. 

The Body Coach: Lean Lentil Burger with Portobello Mushroom

Joe Wicks makes cooking look quick, easy, healthy and fun! He's known for his mantra "Lean in 15" and I cannot wait for his cookbook to come out in a few months time. This recipe looks both delicious and nutritious and I've been wanting to make a burger with portobello's for quite some time now, so this is definitely on my agenda! 

Jamie's Superfood: Green Tea Roasted Salmon & Sizzling Moroccan Prawns 

I absolutely loved Jamie Oliver's superfood TV series as it provided me with so many new and different ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Two recipes that particularly took my eye were his green tea roasted salmon and sizzling Moroccan prawns. Seafood is a big part of my diet and both of these recipes sound experimental and flavoursome. Normally I would drink my green tea so I'm intrigued to see how it will taste in a different context! 

Dessert Hit List:

Deliciously Ella: Carrot Cake Cookies

Carrot cake is one of my favourite cakes and cookies are an ultimate weakness of mine, so combining these two beauties together sounds absolutely glorious! These cookies are full of goodness, being made from ingredients such as oats, bananas, apples and nut butter...perfect with a nice evening cuppa!

Plant Based Pixie: Chai Flapjacks

Chai has such a warm, wintery taste and flapjacks are so lovely and comforting, so these are perfect for this time of year. I've always wondered whether herbal teas could be incorporated into recipes to add some extra flavour so hopefully these should give me an indication! 

Hemsley & Hemsley: Avocado Lime Cheesecake

Cheesecake is my favourite dessert and definitely something that I'd love to indulge in more often without having to worry about the ridiculous sugar content. This year at the Big Feastival I watched the Hemsley sisters make this dessert and I'm honestly so intrigued as to how it tastes! With the addition of lime and honey to the avocado flesh, I'm positive that this cheesecake alternative will be a delight.

So there you have it, my cooking hit list for the next few months! Hopefully I will get round to making all of these recipes before the year is up and if not, it will definitely be one of my New Years resolutions to make something new each week!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS