A Hug in a Box

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Subscription boxes are all the range at the moment, covering everything from snacking (Graze) to cosmetics (Glossyboxand my latest discovery - mental health.

Last week I stumbled across 'Buddybox'; a subscription box created by Blurt Foundation with the aim to make a difference to anyone affected by depression. These boxes are filled with things to help, comfort and inspire individuals that are struggling and they can be treated as either a thoughtful gift for a loved one or a means of indulging in a bit of self-care. As a former psychology student and a current volunteer in mental health, I have a great interest in finding new and innovative ways to support people and I think these boxes are a fantastic step in the right direction. 


As I write this post I'm currently browsing through the Buddybox website and I can't even begin to tell you know lovely I think the whole thing is; each month a new page is dedicated to people's reactions to receiving their boxes and it just goes to show how the little things can make a big difference-  check it out here!

If I was to design a one off box for myself I think I would include the following:

  • Hot chocolate: my ultimate weakness and number 1 comfort
  • A quote plaque: I really love the little quote plaques/ornaments that you find in little trinket shops - a few words of wisdom are always encouraging to read no matter what mood you're in!
  • Rabbit pyjamas: Probably a bit bulky for one of these little boxes but I absolutely love rabbits and I have a guilty pleasure for buying pyjamas so this would kill two birds with one stone!
  • Recipe cards: A friend of mine bought me a recipe book called "Eat Yourself Happy" for my birthday last year and its full of interesting food facts and mood enhancing recipes, which I think would be a great addition to a box like this!
  • A lipstick: I am obsessed with buying lipsticks and tints so this would be a nice little extra to make me feel good about myself!
  • Colouring book: Colouring books are a new trend taking the shops by storm and I definitely agree that they're a great way to unwind.
I can think of thousands of other items that I'd happily receive and I definitely think I'm going to invest is one of these boxes in the near future, whether it be for myself or someone I care about - I'll be sure to share with you the contents when I do!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS