Tea Time

Wednesday 16 September 2015

"You can't buy happiness but you can buy tea and that's the same thing."

With September well underway and the typical cold English weather taking its toll, there's nothing I look forward to more than getting into bed with a nice hot beverage. I'm a serious hot chocolate fan but being full of sugar it's not something I let myself indulge in everyday. Enter the tea!

I've never warmed to actual tea - actual tea being your typical English breakfast tea or Earl Grey. I've always thought it was a bit watery and flavourless so it's never been my go-to. However over the last few years I have really got into herbal teas and considering there's so many, I never feel limited for choice. Anyone who knows me will know that I have an endless stream of tea options in my food cupboard and I'm always adding a new one to my shopping basket whenever I get the chance!

Below are my Top 5 teas to try if you're looking to experiment with something new this Autumn!

1. Clipper's Acai & Blackcurrant Tea




This tea is an absolute winner if you're looking for something sweet, sharp and flavoursome. Acai berry is fast becoming my favourite berry and being packed with antioxidants you can't go wrong! Unfortunately you can't get the actual berries in England, so this is the next best thing to get your kick!





2. Clipper's Orange and Coconut Tea


Another delight for the taste-buds is Clipper's orange and coconut tea. This tea is sweet and comforting and unlike a lot of fruit teas, the flavour is actually really strong. This tea is great for transitioning into the winter months as even though your body is in the cold, your mouth is definitely on an exotic holiday! Clipper's teas are a great investment as not only do they come in a number of delicious flavours, they also use unbleached teabags so they're a more natural option too.



3. Twining's Caramelised Apple Tea


As part of Twining's indulgence green tea range alongside salted caramel. gingerbread, fudge melts and cherry bakewell, the caramelised apple tea is by far my favourite. When you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth but want to avoid putting your hand in the biscuit tin this tea is the way to go. With warm apples being the taste of winter, Twining's caramelised apple is a great shout for a Saturday night in.



4. Twining's Intensely Blackcurrant & Rhubarb

I received this tea as part of a birthday present and it definitely didn't disappoint! Albeit less strong in flavour compared to the other teas listed above (despite being named intensely!) this tea has a real smoothness to it and it fast became by before bed go-to as it made me feel really calm. I really love rhubarb and combined with blackcurrant you can't go wrong!


5. Lipton's Strawberry Cupcake Green Tea


This is hand's down the best green tea EVER. A friend of mine gave this to me as a gift from France and I couldn't believe how strongly it tasted of cake even though it's a healthy tea! This is a fantastic tea if you really want to satisfy your sugar cravings and it's definitely well worth a try. However like all good things, it's not so easy to find unless you're in France! You can order it online though if you're willing to pay for the shipping fee (and it is definitely worth it!)


So there are my top 5 teas to try this Autumn and if you're looking for more fruity delights, take a trip to your nearest Holland & Barrett, Wholefoods or Tescos - my greatest finds always seem to come from these places!

Next on my list to try is: Twining's Raspberry & Dragonfruit, Twining's Intensely Buttermint, Clipper's Apple & Elderflower, Pukka's Night Time and Clipper's Blueberry & Elderberry tea.

Happy drinking!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS