#100DaysOfHealthy

Friday 4 September 2015




The end of August signals festival mayhem and this year I decided to try something completely different with Jamie Oliver's 'Big Feastival'. 

For those of you who haven't heard about the Big Feastival before, it is basically a food-music hybrid festival with everything from live music acts to cooking demonstrations, cooking classes and the usual festival shebang of markets, stalls and funfair rides. What attracted me the most to this festival (other than the prospect of the mass consumption of delicious food!) was the introduction of the new 'Healthy Living Zone'. Being a massive health foodie myself and seeing the lineup of my favourite health food bloggers (including Deliciously Ella, Madeleine Shaw, Hemsley & Hemsley and Olivia Wollenberg), I thought this festival would be an absolute winner, and it was!

Throughout the day I attended various cooking demonstrations, tried an abundance of different tasters, and EVEN petted a rabbit in the children's mini farm (yes I am a big child!). My personal highlights of the day had to include the delicious sourdough cheese toastie I had from the Hobbs House Bakery popup, the demonstrations from Deliciously Ella and the Hemsley sisters, and of course, seeing Jamie Oliver in the flesh showing his enthusiasm for great food!

Anyway, getting to the main point of this post, the Big Feastival coupled with Jamie's shocking 'Sugar Rush' documentary aired on Channel 4 last night, has inspired me to do my very own #100daysofhealthy for the following reasons:

1. I have been a little too indulgent these last few months
2. I'm a firm believer of the healthy body = healthy mind ethos
3. September marks the start of a new academic year so it's the perfect time to start afresh! 

With health bloggers revolutionising the food industry all over the world, I look forward trying out lots of healthier alternatives over the next 100 days - plus, the end of my 100 days will mark the beginning of the festive period, which couldn't be better timing!

Wish me luck!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS